23 Mar School Holiday Special 2021
Talk to us about having your child assessed by Dr Paula
During the month of April 2021 to coincide with the school holidays all existing patients under the age of 18 will automatically receive an extra $5.00 off their consultation.
If your child or grandchild has never seen us before, but you would like them to be assessed we are offering 50% off their first and second consult.
Terms and conditions apply and can be found at the bottom of this webpage.
If your child/grandchild is an existing patient and has attended in the past 12 months, you can book a standard appointment in their name online.
Usually $57.00, April 2021 $52.00
If your child/grandchild is an existing patient and has not attended in the past 12 months, you can book a reactivation appointment in their name online.
Usually $85.00, April 2021 $80.00
If your child/grandchild is not an existing patient and does not have a pre-existing health condition or does not require a tongue tie assessment*, book a "Baby/Child/Teenager - New Chiropractic Patient" appointment
Usually $114.00, April 2021 $109.00
Up to 35 minutes
*please note that if your child does require a tongue tie assessment, or has pre-existing conditions, we do not charge more, but we do need to schedule extra time, so please book the "New Patient" appointment type, so that the full assessment can be scheduled in one visit.
If your child/grandchild is not an existing patient and has a pre-existing health condition or requires a tongue tie assessment, book a "New Chiropractic Patient" appointment
Usually $114.00, April 2021 $109.00
Up to 55 minutes
Is Chiropractic Safe for Babies and Children?
This a review was undertaken between March and October 2019 into spinal manipulations for persons under 12 years old.
- Across nearly 22,000 submissions zero (0) reports of harm from chiropractic adjustments were reported.
- 98.4% of submissions reported improvements after chiropractic care.
- 99.1% of submissions reported that they were satisfied with the information provided by chiropractors about the benefits expected.
- 95.8% of submissions reported that they were satisfied with the information provided by chiropractors about the risks associated with care.
- The reported benefits of chiropractic care within the review included
- relief from pain
- improved sleep quality
- a more relaxed, settled baby/child
- improved attachment and feeding from breastfeeding
- improved mobility/flexibility/range of movement
- The most common risks associated with chiropractic care are
- tenderness across the 24-48 hours following treatment
- Tiredness (less common)
- There is little evidence of other risks from chiropractic treatment in babies and children
- To avoid risks, Dr Paula uses the adjusting technique best suited to each patient and the techniques used in the clinic on adults are not used on babies and rarely on children.
- If Dr Paula foresees other risks for your child this will be discussed before any treatment is provided.
No chiropractic adjustment is ever performed without your expressed informed consent, and a thorough assessment has been conducted.
Terms and Conditions
- No treatment is provided without assessment and consent from a parent/guardian.
- All patients under 15 years old must attend with a parent/guardian.
- Bookings are essential, we cannot accommodate walk ins.
- If your child has not attended in 12 or more months a reactivation appointment is required to allow the appropriate time to fully re-assess your child and adjust them
- X-rays are rarely indicated for children. If your child does require x-ray, it is not included in the fees above.
- This offer is only for the month of April to coincide with the school holidays.
- A fee applies for non-arrival without notice. 24 hours notice to change an appointment is require or a fee may apply.
- We do not have the facility to run accounts, payment is required at the time of service for standard consults.
- New patient appointments must be paid at least 24 hours in advance, as it is at a significant discount.