02 Mar Recipe: Super Power Mince
Recipe: Super Power Mince
- Tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500g mince of your choice
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 tablespoons of homemade vegetable stock
- 1 jar of passata (just tomatoes – check ingredients)
- Salt to taste
- Herbs of choice
- 2 handfuls of spinach
1. Over a medium heat, sauté chopped onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft.
2. Brown the mince.
3. While mince is cooking, place carrot, zucchini and celery in a food processor and finely chop.
4. Add finely chopped vegetables to browned mince and stir through.
5. Add jar of passata and vegetable stock.
6. Add salt and herbs if required – fresh basil from the garden is great.
7. Add in 2 large handfuls of spinach and let it wilt down. When wilted, stir through.
8. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened.
Ideas for use of mince:
- Over zucchini noodles made with a spiralizer
- Topped with sweet potato mash for a Shepherd’s pie
- Bake some sweet potatoes and use as a filling
- Stuffed capsicums: Slice capsicums in half and roast in oven while preparing mince mixture and fill when done. Pop in over with some cheese until melted.
- Great to freeze in portion sized containers for use as needed during a busy week
- Mince stuffed mushrooms.