21 Jul Can Chiropractic fix me?
In my over 16 years of practice “Can you fix me?” or “Can Chiropractic fix me?” certainly is the most common question followed by: “How long will it take?”
Honestly, I don’t like to use the word ‘fix’ as I think it gives people unrealistic expectations, instead I will tell a person if I believe Chiropractic can help them after I have assessed their situation.
Fortunately, the majority of the time the answer is “Yes, I can help you”. However, how much I can help and how long it takes depends on a number of factors:
- The length of time the problem has been apparent
- The age of the person and whether there is any spinal deterioration or scar tissue
- The person’s occupation or daily duties
- The relative well-being and lifestyle choices of the person
- The attitude , optimism and willingness of the person to help themselves to get well.
The most successful clients are those who not only follow our recommendations but participate in their own care and doing what they can themselves to assist their own healing! The journey to well-being is a partnership between the practitioner and the client.