30 Apr Recipe: Gut Lovin’ Wheelies
• 1 cup Raspberry Chia Jam (see notes)
Bake Cookie Dough Recipe
• 150 g unsalted butter.
• 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
• 3/4 cups buckwheat flour.
• 3/4 cups gluten-free plain flour.
• 1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
• pinch of sea salt.
• 1 1/2 tablespoon I Quit Sugar’s Gut Lovin’ Gelatin powder.
• 1/4 cup rice malt syrup.
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
• 100 g dark 85-90% cocoa chocolate.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin with baking paper.
2. To make the Bake Cookie Dough Base, melt the butter and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan (or in a mixing bowl in the microwave). Combine with the remaining ingredients and mix well. Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. When cool, spread jam over the base and refrigerate.
4. Meanwhile, to make the marshmallow filling, ‘bloom’ the gelatin by stirring it into 1/3 cup of COLD water until it dissolves. Allow to sit for 5 minutes – it will become firm like a rubber ball. Meanwhile, combine the rice malt syrup, vanilla and salt in a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the gelatin blob to the mixture and stir to dissolve. Using a stick blender, blitz until it thickens slightly (or transfer to a high-powdered blender to cut time). It might be easy to let this cool a little beforehand.
5. Pour the marshmallow over the cooled jam layer. Now rub your hands in coconut oil and use your fingers to smooth the surface. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until set.
6. Melt the chocolate slowly in a microwave (or a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water) and pour over the marshmallow layer, spreading it evenly. Return the tray to the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is set. Cut into squares to serve. Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Note: Find the recipe for Raspberry Chia Jam here.